6.22.2011

summer fun, summer nails

After seeing so many great nail polish colors and blogger manicures this spring/summer, I thought it was time to have some fun with my own. I am in love with anything coral or peach right now so it was a no brainer to pick up this Sally Hansen, Coral Fever. Not normally my favorite brand but this shade from their summer line was too perfect to pass up and the price point is a few dollars less than Essie or OPI.I have been wearing a coat of this shade for a few days and I am a pretty lazy nail painter so I usually just go over the old layers as they begin to chip. This polish actually covers pretty well and looks fresh after a touch up.
I found a cute mint color today at the store and had to try that out on my pinky so I ended up with a multicolored hand. Then I wanted to switch things up a bit I went back to a trick I used back in the winter when I wanted a more festive look for holiday parties and what not. So I added a layer of gold glitter polish over the coral, keeping it more saturated towards the end. I like this look but it did not come out as well as I had remembered in the winter, maybe my cheap gold polish has just gotten old.On the other hand I didn't want to do full glitter so I decided to highlight just my ring finger with a little extra bling.

I have to be honest, it was fun to play around but I wasn't thrilled with the results and it didn't exactly seem practical for the rest of my afternoon of crafting and cooking and not attending any festive parties, so I ended up taking off the green and glitter and going back to all coral. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted!

No comments: