10.24.2011

weekend recall part one

As I shared last week, we had a pretty action packed weekend. One of the highlights of it was that on Sunday afternoon we drove up towards the NC mountains to watch the mass ascension of hot air balloons at the Carolina BalloonFest. I have had a long running obsession with hot air balloons so this was pretty magical to me.
The weather was perfect and we ate a greasy bloomin' onion as we watched about thirty hot air balloons inflate and take flight all around us. I was amazed at how close the spectators were allowed to be to the balloons and was mesmerized by some of the really beautiful designs. (This is not including the huge advertisements or 200-foot tall US Constitution). We took what seemed like a million photos but here are some of my favorite shots on my phone. Gotta love those apps.

No comments: