1.14.2010

haiti

Watching all of the coverage of Haiti on the news is devastating. I cannot begin to imagine what the people of this country are going through, along with their loved ones in other parts of the world. It is hard to be here and feel helpless while so much death and heartache takes place elsewhere. I am sending in a donation to the Red Cross tonight, but even that does not feel like enough. I encourage anyone else that can to try to do the same, check with your local news stations, they probably have some relief efforts/fundraisers set up.

I wanted to share these photos taken by children in Haiti of their native land, under the non-profit program Zanmi Lakay::

This is the only one I am able to copy, but please take a look at the rest, they are savagely beautiful.

What are your ideas to reach out and help the people of Haiti?

No comments: