5.23.2011

first looks

I guess the whole first look thing is a new tradition but me and mine were all about having a quiet moment together before the ceremony to make sure we were both breathing correctly. So about 10 minutes before the ceremony began our photographers brought him upstairs to where I was getting ready, hid him around the corner, and had me head around for a first look.
It was great and I really recommend it. It gave us a chance to see each other before the BIG moment and it was incredibly reassuring to see that we were both calm, excited, and ready to take that walk. You are surrounded by so many people while getting ready that day, people that are excited, stressed, anxious, helpful, and hyper, but the one person you are thinking about is hidden away from you all day. Taking that moment together RIGHT before you have to stand in front of a huge crowd brings you back to the moment and reminds you of what this day is all about- you and them.
This moment for us was brief but I remember feeling giddy and surprisingly calm. Even peaceful. I knew no matter how crazy that morning was, he would be the one thing that would bring me back down to earth.

No comments: