5.15.2011

wedding week part I: decor

Lot's of exciting things happening this week- photoshoots and interviews, custom projects and some new furniture being delivered- yay!

But here on the blog I am devoting this week to sharing all of the details of our wedding. I hope you aren't sick of it yet. We got our photos from our photographers this past weekend and we are so incredibly pleased with how they came out. Joey and Jessica are so talented and creative and were the perfect pair to capture all of the details of our day.

Today I want to share some of the decor and details we created and used. Inside we kept it pretty simple with some birdhouses we painted for the tables, on top of tree stumps and paired with white ceramic birds.
We scattered little hearts and circle confetti we punched in coordinating colors around the table decorations.
Behind the dessert table we layered several of my paper garlands in peaches, pinks, mustard, and neutrals.

Outside we wanted to keep it even more light, airy, and simple and it is a good thing we did seeing as we ended up having to work around a huge white tent (really the only down side to the whole day). The ceremony decor was one of my favorite projects of all. I custom dyed muslin for these fabric garlands- it was so much fun to mix and create all of the shades I was looking for. I love how these came out and hope to make some more of these for future projects or sales.

And by some miracle all of these different design elements seemed to come together aesthetically. Tomorrow- the details.

No comments: