5.15.2011

wedding week part II: details

For anyone in the midst of wedding planning I think the amount of inspiration online, on blogs, and in print can be incredible and simultaneously overwhelming. I definitely had moments of not knowing how to mentally organize everything I was seeing and how to start actually deciding what little design details I wanted to include in our wedding. There were so many diy trends and ideas that I fell in love with and I think those are the things that really make an event special. As time went on I was able to sift through all of the inspiration and was slowly able to curate, even if some decorations were made and never used, so here are some of the little details that made the final cut.
These sweet grey and white striped straws were the first thing I bought for the wedding and I love this shot of my sister and her sweet tea here.
My mom and I collected and painted these heart wreaths to hang on the outdoor chairs, at the end of each row.
My little sister picked out the perfect guest book for us.
We designed our ceremony program to be simple, legible and to match our invitation suite.
And of course you've seen the flags I created for the 100 cupcakes our dear friend made. I ordered the japanese washi tape for these here.
Lastly, I used skewers, kraft paper, and leftover fabric from the outdoor garlands for these taller flags for the cheesecakes. Unfortunately they never actually made it onto the cakes, but I still love how they came out and may add some to my shop.

It's all in the details.

No comments: