6.08.2010

kitchen dreams

One of the BIG things on my summer to do list is to finish the kitchen renovation. Sadly, no progress has been made since we got our new beautiful appliances back in January (on my bday!) But now is the time to get down to it and finish the job. Way back in the fall I posted some of my kitchen inspiration and not many of my ideas have changed since then. I still want a light, airy space with open shelving and lots of organization. I have been thumbing through my ikea kitchens catalog and I am starting to plan a very soon visit to the go-to home store about an hour from us. Here are a few of the things I will be picking up:

suspension rails, stoneware vessels, hooks, and a paper towel rack from the asker series
new nexus cabinet doors in yellow-brown (to match what we currently have)
the pragel countertops, in stainless steel (pictured here in white)
and finally, the boholmen 1 1/2 bowl sink with dish drainer.

The tile for the back splash has become a whole other challenge. I am not happy with anything in the big stores around here and I have fallen in love with the lovely modern basics line of tile from heath ceramics. This is a bit out of our price range so some creative budgeting would have to take place but I am not ready to give up on it yet. As the renovation progresses (hopefully soon) I will be sure to keep you updated.

No comments: